Originally posted on Gigaom:

Commercial buildings represent the most significant opportunity for the energy efficiency market in the U.S., accounting for 40 percent of the U.S. electrical load and approximately $108 billion in annual energy spending. One medium-sized office building consumes the energy equivalent of 100 homes.

Approximately 30 percent of the energy used is wasted – mostly through simple actions such as leaving lights on or running heat and cooling simultaneously. The problem for utilities is that these saving opportunities have been historically hard to find and even more difficult to communicate to their customers.

To achieve the market and savings potential, utilities need to engage commercial customers on a mass scale. Based on our experience and work in the industry, utilities only have the time, budget and resources to engage between 10-30 percent of their commercial customers. Data analytics is providing the pathway to engage the other 70 percent.

Onsite Audits Limit…

View original 731 more words

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s